Top 5 All Time NBA Dunk Contest Dunks
#5 Michael Jordan - 1988
• Jordan took a running start from the opposite baseline, then jumped from just inside the free throw line. He double clutched in the air holding the ball with one hand, and slammed it with one hand, creating one of the most iconic images in all of sports.
#4 Vince Carter - 2000
• Vince's bounding start from outside the 3-point line added to the intrigue. Once he reached the paint, Vince jumped off of both feet, rotated 360 degrees, and slammed it with authority AFTER a one-handed reverse windmill.
#3 Jason Richardson - 2003
• Richardson started in the corner. He then through the ball in the air towards the basket. Richardson left his feet as soon as he reached the painted area, caught the ball with two hands, shifted it from his right hand to his left in the air between his legs, and dunked it with his off (left) hand as he descended back to the floor.
#2 Aaron Gordon - 2016
• Gordon literally TOOK A SEAT in mid-air, after taking the ball out of the hands of his prop, a 7 foot mascot that he leapt over, transferred the ball UNDER his body (still seated in the air) before dunking with his off hand.
#1 Vince Carter - 2000
• After receiving a bounce pass from teammate Tracy McGrady, Vince turned perpendicular to the basket, shifted the ball from his left hand to his right going through his legs, then slammed it home with one hand. The most iconic part of the dunk was Vince knowing it would win the competition as he stood under the basket and pointed to the sky with two hands. He then looked into the camera and said "it's over!" as judges stepped over the scorers table to congratulate him before giving him the perfect score.